Frequently Asked Questions
These are some of the most asked about topics when it comes to California judgment enforcement for any size case.
Any questions related to the amount of money and/or assets that can be claimed in the judgment recovery process are discussed.
Domestication of Judgments
SK Judgment regularly domesticates judgments to enforce out-of-state (sister state) and foreign country judgments in California, as well as California money judgments in other jurisdictions and/or against property in other jurisdictions. In general, this involves one of four types of litigation:
- DOMESTICATION OF SISTER STATE MONETARY JUDGMENTS
- DOMESTICATION OF SISTER STATE NON-MONETARY JUDGMENTS
- DOMESTICATION OF FOREIGN COUNTRY MONEY JUDGMENTS
- REGISTRATION OF FEDERAL JUDGMENTS
- ENFORCEMENT OF FOREIGN ARBITRAL AWARDS
- ENFORCEMENT OF CALIFORNIA JUDGMENTS AGAINST A DEBTOR'S PROPERTY OUTSIDE OF CALIFORNIA
A default judgment is obtained by the plaintiff when the defendant does not file a response to the Summons and Complaint, or does not appear at the hearing.